A recipe for a rhubarb and basil crumble, the perfect sweet dessert to accompany upcoming holiday meals.
for the filling
3 cups of fresh chopped Rhubarb
½ cup of sugar
½ teaspoon of cinnamon
for the topping
1 cup of all purpose flour
1/3 cup butter
½ cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a saucepan, add rhubarb and sugar with 3 tbsp of water and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Once soft, stir in your basil and immediately pour mixture into a medium baking dish.
3. Using your hands, rub your flour and butter together in a large bowl, until they resemble crumbs. Add your sugar in and continue to mix between your hands.
4. Sprinkle crumbs over the rhubarb mixture and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until crumble is browning slightly.
5. Serve with cream, custard, or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!