Add character to an entry or a hallway with a cleverly curated console table, and discover the Henley Console Table— an Ayr Barns exclusive from the made-to-order Cotswold Furniture Collection.
Read on for Interior Designer and Ayr Barns founder Becca Casey's tips for styling an effortless console table. Keep scrolling for more inspiration from Becca Interiors projects and a few of our favourite styling accessories from Ayr Barns.
Becca Casey's 5 tips for styling a console table:
1. Work with scale by creating a triangle format. Starting with the taller pieces, whether that be florals, a lamp or sculpture; Place this piece on either end of the table or in the center. From there you can visually stagnate the heights so that they form a pyramid or right/left triangle.
2. Use books to raise the height on sculptural bowls or accessories. It creates a more layered and collected look.
3. Placing a bowl on your console acts as the perfect catchall.
4. Look for negative space, such as under the table or next to it, and fill that void with a beautiful basket.
5. Give yourself at least 12" from each end of the table to format the best width for your artwork.